Boiler servicing Worcester Bosch – Across Dorset & Hampshire
Worcester Bosch boiler servicing is essential to keep your boiler running safely and as efficiently as possible – something that is especially important with the rising energy prices we are all going to experience this winter.k.
What is a boiler service?
In order to ensure that your boiler is running safely, you must arrange for a heating engineer to visit your home and carry out a boiler service.
This allows the heating engineer to thoroughly inspect the boiler in your home to ensure that it is working correctly, to spot any potential problems and to make it as efficient as possible.
Why is boiler servicing important for your Worcester Boiler?
Not having your Worcester boiler serviced could:
- Put your Worcester boiler in danger of developing serious faults
- Take years off it’s life
- Reduce efficiency, therefore increasing the cost of your energy bills
- Invalidate any warranties your system may have
Top reasons to service your Worcester Bosch Boiler
- Safety – The safety of your home and those in it is of paramount importance. Servicing your boiler will allow the heating engineer to assess the boiler system and check for any existing faults that could be dangerous. These can be caught before they could potentially become a safety issue so you can ensure they are fixed as soon as possible.
- Ensuring longevity – A minor problem with your boiler might not seem like much, but it might quickly turn into a much bigger issue. An engineer doing a boiler service will be able to identify potential problems early and fix them before they become serious, sparing you from future costly repairs.
- Ensuring efficiency and reducing energy bills – Your heating expenditures should be as low as possible, and a boiler service can help to keep them that way for longer. Boilers gradually lose efficiency as they become older, but a well-maintained device retains higher levels of energy efficiency to save your heating costs.
- Maintaining warranties – A fully trained Gas Safe or OFTEC expert must service your boiler once every 12 months to maintain your warranty’s validity for the entire duration of the agreed time.
Worcester boiler servicing checklist
We are Worcester Bosch accredited installers, this means we can offer longer guarantees on all Worcester products in the domestic central heating range.
Firstly, you must make sure you see the heating engineer’s Gas Safe or OFTEC ID before they start work servicing your boiler.
When you’re happy they’ll begin a rank of checks and tests on your boiler:
- Firstly the engineer will examine the boiler’s exterior. Here, they’re checking for any corrosion or leaks and making sure the pilot light in a gas boiler is a bright blue color.
- Next up, they will remove the casing to inspect the interior of the Worcester boiler. The engineer will clean inside components in addition to inspecting them, including the heat exchanger, burner, main injector, safety devices, and spark probe.
- The flue terminals will also be checked because it’s critical that they are unblocked, and all seals and pipes will be examined to ensure that they are all in good condition.
- The gas pressure and flow settings will be measured to make sure they are both set properly.
Your engineer will provide you with a service report detailing everything they did at the conclusion of the service and you will have the opportunity to inquire about the service or your boiler more generally.
Contact us to discuss a Combi Boiler Installation today
Worcester boiler servicing FAQs
Here are some of the most common questions we get asked regarding Worcester Bosch Boiler Servicing…
How much does a Worcester Bosch boiler service cost?
The costs of a Worcester boiler service can vary, depending on:
- The age of your boiler
- The area you live in
- The size of the company you choose to carry out the service
But, as a general guide, it should be anywhere between £60 – £120.
What happens if you find issues during my boiler service?
It’s important to note that any issues that come to light as a result of the boiler service will need to be quoted separately. From there you can make a decision on how you would like to proceed.